Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.112.73
ilikefish

Network lock prevents torrent use.

Posted ... (edited)

I activate network lock, connect to a server, but I get no torrent connections (using qbittorrent). Internet elsewhere such as a browser seems to work fine. Torrents work fine without network lock.

Edited ... by ilikefish

Network lock is the only way you can be sure that you aren't "leaking" outside the VPN tunnel.

I would bet that in your case you are leaking outside the VPN tunnel when torrents work.  Some mis-configuration somewhere is keeping the torrent from working properly through the VPN.

Posted ... (edited)
1 hour ago, go558a83nk said:

Network lock is the only way you can be sure that you aren't "leaking" outside the VPN tunnel.

I would bet that in your case you are leaking outside the VPN tunnel when torrents work.  Some mis-configuration somewhere is keeping the torrent from working properly through the VPN.

Edit - Ok I don't know why but all of a sudden it's working now. Torrents now work with network lock enabled. As long as the port in qbittorent does NOT match the forwarded port by Airvpn since those ports time out.

Do you have any idea how I can configure qbittorent to work with network lock? I'm absolute newb at this, and up until now have only been using the standard connection and kept everything default in both Airvpn and qbittorent.

I've tried doing the following:
 But it doesn't work. Interestingly if on this website I go to client area>forwarded ports>test open on any port they always say "Connection timed out (110)"  whether I have network lock enabled or not.

Really all I want to do is torrent with airvpn without getting a letter from my isp (which I did even though I had Airvpn on without network lock, so I assume Airvpn briefly went down and I didn't know it). Edited ... by ilikefish

2 hours ago, ilikefish said:
Edit - Ok I don't know why but all of a sudden it's working now. Torrents now work with network lock enabled. As long as the port in qbittorent does NOT match the forwarded port by Airvpn since those ports time out.

Do you have any idea how I can configure qbittorent to work with network lock? I'm absolute newb at this, and up until now have only been using the standard connection and kept everything default in both Airvpn and qbittorent.

I've tried doing the following:
 But it doesn't work. Interestingly if on this website I go to client area>forwarded ports>test open on any port they always say "Connection timed out (110)"  whether I have network lock enabled or not.

Really all I want to do is torrent with airvpn without getting a letter from my isp (which I did even though I had Airvpn on without network lock, so I assume Airvpn briefly went down and I didn't know it).

Main thing you want to do in qbittorrent is turn *off* NAT-PMP and UPnP.  Make sure the port you've forwarded with AirVPN is the same port for the local section and the remote and set qbittorrent to use that port.  If the port is still blocked then perhaps you didn't allow qbittorrent to create firewall bypass rules?  OR maybe you've got some other "security" software running.  That's often the problem.

Make sure the port you've forwarded with AirVPN is the same port for the local section and the remote

I don't know what this means. Would doing what you say explain why everytime I test the airvpn port it times out? Can you walk me through how to fix going over each step in detail?

10 hours ago, ilikefish said:

Make sure the port you've forwarded with AirVPN is the same port for the local section and the remote

I don't know what this means. Would doing what you say explain why everytime I test the airvpn port it times out? Can you walk me through how to fix going over each step in detail?

Don't worry about it.  The default behavior when creating a port forward with windscribe is that they're the same port remote and local.  The rest of what I said above matters.