Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.32.230
icantbreathe

My experience with Eddie

I am using AirVPN with Eddie on 2 devices, both running different releases of Debian. (Buster & Bullseye)

My laptop is still on Buster because I need Wicd to manage my WiFi connections. Eddie worked mostly fine here except for some occasional

Exception: nft issue: exit:1; out:; err:Error: syntax e...le ip filter OUTPUT ip daddr xxx.xxx.xxx.xx counter accept
and the fact that Eddie did not connect to a random server on startup but to the first in the list instead.

After updating to Eddie 2.21.6, Eddie won't connect at autostart and I have to manually close and start Eddie once again for it to work. Speeds also took a big hit for some reason and I can barely load a site or perform an apt update. Tray icon is missing.

On my Bullseye desktop I am using the testing apt repository, so basically also 2.21.6. Eddie does not connect to random server on startup here either. Speed is fine. Tray icon is missing.

On the whole, I am not satisfied with Eddie.

How long will Linux users have to put up with Eddie? I remember reading about a Qt GUI for Hummingbird, will this happen anytime soon?