Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.142.146
vlkumpour

ANSWERED Some question about torrenting

Posted ... (edited)

I have a hetzner cloud server with 1GBit bw and I installed debian 11 with qbittorrent. Pretty much a seedbox.
I installed eddie. 
I bind qbitorrent to tuno interface and also i bind it to vpn ip which is different from exit ip. am i doing sth wrong?
Also, i read many times that its better to use different country than the hetzner server. The server is at Germany but when i connect eddie to Netherlands it has so mych lower speeds.
is it ok to connect to german airvpn servers from my german hetzner vps? sorry for my english. is any change of getting dmca letters from hetzner?

Edited ... by vlkumpour

1 minute ago, vlkumpour said:

also i bind it to vpn ip

You don't need to do that. Binding to an interface binds to all addresses of that interface. If the interface goes down, so does the outside connection of qB.

2 minutes ago, vlkumpour said:

Also, i read many times that its better to use different country than the hetzner server. The server is at Germany but when i connect eddie to Netherlands it has so mych lower speeds.
is it ok to connect to german airvpn servers from my german hetzner vps? sorry for my english

It doesn't matter really. All servers can be used for torrents. Use the server that best suits your need.

Also keep in mind that all Hetzner offers impose a traffic limit, to make it more difficult for people to use Hetzner servers for your use case. If you need a real seedbox, I'm sure people around here will give you good recommendations. Simply ask for it. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)
9 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

You don't need to do that. Binding to an interface binds to all addresses of that interface. If the interface goes down, so does the outside connection of qB.

It doesn't matter really. All servers can be used for torrents. Use the server that best suits your need.

Also keep in mind that all Hetzner offers impose a traffic limit, to make it more difficult for people to use Hetzner servers for your use case. If you need a real seedbox, I'm sure people around here will give you good recommendations. Simply ask for it. :)
20TB traffic free with the cloud server which is 10 euro per month. Is a lot for my needs, thnks anyway.
Do i have to make the change now (because it downloads now) or in the next reboot? in other words is any danger binding it an interface?
lastly is the any way to see if qbittorent leaks the real ip. I use public torrents
thnks so much for your help. Edited ... by vlkumpour

44 minutes ago, vlkumpour said:

Do i have to make the change now (because it downloads now) or in the next reboot? in other words is any danger binding it an interface?

After changing this setting, you must restart qB for changes to take effect.
Don't know what "dangers" you're writing about in the second question, though. It's already bound to tun0, you wrote so yourself.

47 minutes ago, vlkumpour said:

lastly is the any way to see if qbittorent leaks the real ip. I use public torrents

You can check that on IPLeak.net. Enable the torrent address detection and add the magnet link to qB, then monitor the output on the website. There is no way to do so in an automatic manner, though. Nothing against checking regularly, but I've learned to trust qB in this manner. In other words: I've yet to see this binding not work properly. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.