Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.234.83
Saken

ANSWERED Raise system privileges: Unable to raise privileges error

I have reinstalled, tried installing the beta 2.21.5, and just get a bunch of cannot files error while installing. I think one file was.crypt.  i cant get past this error. Any ideas?

Windows 10, everything is updated. It was working fine then next day suddenly raise priv error. Reinstalled eddie.  Im running comodo but I checked and its not blocking airvpn/eddie.

Can you please be more precise?

• From which Eddie version did you upgrade (if at all)? When did you do that?
  • How did you "reinstall" Eddie, can you make a loose step-by-step list?
  • What's the exact error message you're seeing?
Try renaming the default.profile file in your user directory (AppData\Local\Eddie\default.profile) to see if it's something with Eddie configuration.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Ive been using the latest 2.20.0, and only reinstalled it once.  I open eddie, it says connect with daemon system privileges, then raise system privileges, then an error box pops up, unable to obtain elevated privileges(required) unable to start, (no socket).

I went into control panel and uninstalled it, deleted the folder from program files, and the app data folder, did a fresh install and still get the error. .

I changed the default profile file in the appdata folder to / default1.profile and tried to open eddie, and still get the same error.

Try using Revo Uninstaller to remove Eddie completely and delete your profile as well. Scan for and delete any remaining registry entries related to Eddie and/or AirVPN.  Reboot your machine and try installing the latest beta (2.21.5) again.  There's a setting in Eddie under General - something along the lines of "Don't ask elevation every run" - make sure it's checked. There's an Eddie elevated service that should boot with Windows.  Check your task manager and see if it's listed and running. If it's not there, then you will have this problem. 
I gave up on Eddie in one of my W10 21H2 machines and switched to the Wireguard stand-alone application with generated config files. It works flawlessly.  The only downside is not being able to see server loads and latencies in real time.  Eddie works well on my Linux rig, but on Windows 10 it has been frustrating.  (M$ is notorious for changing settings under the hood; one day stuff works, and the next it doesn't.)  If Wireguard is an option for you, I would recommend it over Eddie until the next stable version is released.

Thank you very much gentlemen. This is exactly what happened. I turned off my computer without shutting down eddie. I used the revo uninstaller and it found all the files that the normal uninstaller didnt clear and got rid of everything. After the fresh install everything works now. Cheers