Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.248.24
kyrusdemnati

i need a proxy for web browser, rather the connecting to vpn all the time

AirVPN is not a proxy server provider, so no.

You might want to look at VPN without default gateway. Whether it's a torrent client or your browser you're restricting to it doesn't really matter, it's all just software.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

22 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

AirVPN is not a proxy server provider, so no.

You might want to look at VPN without default gateway. Whether it's a torrent client or your browser you're restricting to it doesn't really matter, it's all just software.

As you know, I wrote that. The problem is that browsers do not allow you to bind them to the VPN interface in the way that torrent clients do.

So in addition to restoring the non-VPN interface as the default gateway, when I want to use the VPN for browsing, I start SQUID HTTP proxy (from Cygwin on Windows), and bind that to the VPN interface, Then I have a Firefox profile set up to use SQUID. So I do not have to put the VPN back as the default gateway while I browse over the VPN.

I have not documented this there, as I have never seen anyone show an interest in this. I can provide the script I use to run SQUID if anyone wants to see it.

Of course, you still have to start the VPN and now also SQUID with this approach. So this is probably not going to appeal.

On 2/25/2022 at 2:42 PM, NaDre said:

As you know, I wrote that. The problem is that browsers do not allow you to bind them to the VPN interface in the way that torrent clients do.

So in addition to restoring the non-VPN interface as the default gateway, when I want to use the VPN for browsing, I start SQUID HTTP proxy (from Cygwin on Windows), and bind that to the VPN interface, Then I have a Firefox profile set up to use SQUID. So I do not have to put the VPN back as the default gateway while I browse over the VPN.

I have not documented this there, as I have never seen anyone show an interest in this. I can provide the script I use to run SQUID if anyone wants to see it.

Of course, you still have to start the VPN and now also SQUID with this approach. So this is probably not going to appeal.

Would love to try it.  I have been searching for something like this.
And if you have any links that might help to setup it.
There are plenty of people using Airvpn that are looking something like this.

20 hours ago, L2100C2 said:
Would love to try it.  I have been searching for something like this.
And if you have any links that might help to setup it.
There are plenty of people using Airvpn that are looking something like this.

Since writing that I have added  a sample script for running SQUID from Cygwin bound to the VPN  to that page. At the end.

Again that page is here:

https://github.com/tool-maker/VPN_just_for_torrents/wiki/Running-OpenVPN-on-Windows-without-VPN-as-Default-Gateway