Not connected, Your IP: 18.232.88.17

Hummingbird failed to reconnect

Hello,

I am hoping anyone can help me with this problem, it's driving me nuts and I cannot seem to find s solution. I'm running Hummingbird 1.1.2 on a Raspberry Pi 64-bit. Hummingbird runs inside a screen instance, and connects just fine everytime. My problem is that after a network failure occurs in my home network (like a simple reboot of my router), Hummingbird cannot seem to get the VPN connection back up. It looks like everything is fine, but nothing gets resolved anymore and the Raspberry cannot reach anythiing. I can, however, still reach the Raspberry by its local ip address, and the Raspberry itself can ping ip addresses in the local network also. I tried simulating all this by just pulling the ethernet plug out of the Raspberry, and later plugging it back in. 
I'm sure anyone who's willing to help is in need of more information, but I don't really know where to begin so just let me know and I will post whatever information is needed. Any help is much appreciated!