Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.236.219
Asmodaeus

Can't sign into Eddie on my iMac

iMac macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Premium Member

I have Eddie on my older iMac and, since members can have it on up to 3 devices, I wanted to put it on my new computer, also an iMac (details above). So I downloaded Eddie, clicked on it and tried to sign in using my computer password. It always fails. I always keep getting the following window:

“EDDIE Unable to obtain elevated privileges (required): Unable to start (The type initialzer for ‘System.Net.NetworkInformation.SystemNetworkInterface’ threw an exception.”

I have no idea what that means or now to fix the problem. I’ve tried rebooting the computer and that doesn’t work. I’ve tried turning off the BitDefender firewall and that doesn’t work. Nothing I try works. I don’t know very much about how computers or software work so I am going to need assistance in the form of someone who can walk me through this one step at a time.

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 3.04.12 PM.jpg

1 hour ago, Asmodaeus said:

Premium Member

Everyone is. ;)

1 hour ago, Asmodaeus said:

since members can have it on up to 3 devices

You can have Eddie on as many devices as you like. Only restriction are five simultaneous connections per account.

Your issue could have something to do with macOS notarization, which according to this thread seems to happen because you try to run Eddie for Catalina+ while you actually need the pre-Catalina version:Instead of 2.19.5 try following the steps with the current version 2.20.0.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

1 hour ago, OpenSourcerer said:
When I download pre-Catalina Eddie, I get the message "The application Eddie can't be opened". When I go to News and Announcements and try to find older versions of Eddie, I get the message "Page not found". This is very frustrating.

Instead of 2.19.5 try following the steps with the current version 2.20.0.

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 8.24.04 PM.png

You need this download. Uninstall the old Eddie client first, then install this one after it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.