Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.171.180

I have officially made the switch to AirVPN and was mainly hoping to set my torrent client to only work through the VPN. What I have found is that the guides on this website are incredibly convoluted and expect a whole lot of knowledge from the user. I'm sure it's not on purpose and to advanced computer users everything is completely comprehensible. But as someone who would like to think of themselves as an above average computer user, I'm hitting walls at every step of the way. I'm not even going to bother asking the creators of those guides to elaborate on certain steps, because there's a good chance I won't understand their elaboration and even if I do, the next steps might result in similar problems.

That's where video guides tend to be the most useful, because users can see exactly how a step should be taken instead of having to assume things. So my suggestion is: please do some videos to take users through the most useful/popular guides.

3 hours ago, Itsthatontopmusic said:

I'm not even going to bother asking the creators of those guides to elaborate on certain steps, because there's a good chance I won't understand their elaboration and even if I do, the next steps might result in similar problems.

The guides are user-produced content, so contacting the authors of those guides will be the only thing getting you forward here. :)

Also, how do you know they will answer in the same tome? You really think the way they write a guide in the forums, targeted at more advanced people, is the way they write to everybody, especially if you specifically ask for a more beginner-friendly vocabulary? I'm sure the overwhelming majority will break it down for you a little; they're not machines, you know, they can adapt. :)

3 hours ago, Itsthatontopmusic said:

What I have found is that the guides on this website are incredibly convoluted and expect a whole lot of knowledge from the user.

Alternatively, you can ask here for some explanations, but please link the guides you were trying to follow. Other people could chime in this way.

And, of course, welcome to AirVPN. :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.