Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.170.183
KalahariCry

OpenVPN and Nvidia Shield

SInce my last thread was closed I'm now not sure if this is working.
I setup openvpn on my nvidia shield and see the process/graph running. So I would assume it's working.
However, when I go to the Google Play Store, I'm not seeing HBO Max which is available in the US but not my country. I would think if the vpn is working, I selected a US vpn, the Google Play Store should display what's available in the US. Is that not the case?

Is there a way I can confirm it's actually working?

43 minutes ago, KalahariCry said:

SInce my last thread was closed I'm now not sure if this is working.

I closed it because the original problem of it was resolved.
44 minutes ago, KalahariCry said:

I would think if the vpn is working, I selected a US vpn, the Google Play Store should display what's available in the US. Is that not the case?

Google Play accounts are bound to a country. If you want to change it, you can do so once a year to give you the opportunity to move without creating new accounts and losing purchases etc.
If you install HBO Max via APK from apkmirror.com or so, there's a high chance HBO Max will still deny access. On a phone, the app can check so many things to verify you're in a "supported" country, including coarse and precise location data from GSM cells, wireless environment and GPS, what country your phone, phone's firmware or SIM was released for, language,… almost easier to accept you're not a US citizen.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

You can use Aurora Store (available on F-Droid) for a google account-free access to the Play Store. It has a setting to "choose" a country.
But don't be too sure whatever streaming service you intend to use that they won't block you due to VPN. Your payment may be successful but they'll block you right when you try to start the playback.