Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.174.239
jimbobo

*.schwab.com is blocked

Posted ... (edited)

E.G.: https://www.schwab.com/

This has been blocked for as long as I've been using AirVPN. It's blocked at the website owner level. You can hit the page, but it reads:

We’re sorry, but we were unable to authorize your request. Please call us at 800-433-9196 and provide reference number SWAF-<some-tracking-number>. We apologize for any inconvenience.

0915-82LR

Coming off VPN solves the problem.

When I called the number, I was largely given the run-around. The rep said something to the effect of, "Give the IP address 162.93.65.7 to your VPN provider, and they'll be able to 'configure access'." Obviously it's Schwab who's making the decision to block connections originating from AirVPN. I think what the rep was recommending was to create a bypass, but I'm not sure. When I asked if he was describing whitelisting 162.93.65.7 for extra-VPN access (i.e., a bypass), he kept saying, "I'm not saying that," and then he would describe what basically amounted to a bypass. Not sure. I couldn't get very much else out of him after going round-and-round. It felt like a lot of fog and objection handling without a lot of helpful detail. After awhile, he kept telling me to talk to my VPN provider. Edited ... by jimbobo

6 hours ago, jimbobo said:

Give the IP address 162.93.65.7 to your VPN provider, and they'll be able to 'configure access'.

Sounds like a bypass. But nothing AirVPN will do, it's up to every user to allow that IP outside the tunnel or not. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.