Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.71.142
loudtrees

eddie-ui openmandriva

hello, are there any plans for a rpm for openmandriva or is that up to the openmandriva devs? i would think the fedora rpm would work since openmandriva uses DNF but it errors saying libsecret and mono-core are needed...thank you

You're the first mentioning OpenMandriva on the forums, so I don't think there were plans for it until now.

19 hours ago, loudtrees said:

i would think the fedora rpm would work since openmandriva uses DNF

One can assume that a package made for Debian can be used on Ubuntu because both use dpkg/apt. But if you apply that assumption everywhere you will run into a fallacy: Devuan which is based on Debian also uses dpkg/apt but the majority of Debian's packages will have issues on Devuan because Devuan doesn't use Systemd. What this tells us is that you can't determine the compatibility of a given package with a distribution by which package manager it uses. You'll rarely see this problem with Debian packages on Ubuntu (and vice versa), too, because there are slightly different names for some packages, leading to apt "believing" certain dependencies are not in the repositories.

You're running into a similar issue here. Even Mandriva in its day was not a derivative of RHEL, it was a fork, ergo, a different project. So is ROSA, fork of Mandriva, and so is OpenMandriva, fork of ROSA. We're talking four different projects here. Needs some imagination to assume OpenMandriva = Fedora. :)

19 hours ago, loudtrees said:

or is that up to the openmandriva devs?

Unless OpenMandriva offers something like the Arch User Repository for Arch Linux or OpenSuse Build Service for OpenSuSE/SuSE Linux, I think this is what it comes down to. Does OpenMandriva offer something allowing others to upload their own packages?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.