Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.169.94
owk

Massive problems on the Android App

Hello,

as the title says, I'm having massive problems on the Android app making it always impossible to use the VPN with full privacy. I went trough all the settings and I don't try to do hard/special settings here.

What I simply wanna have and tried:
- run AirVPN on mobile startup
. connect to a server after start
- block all connections unless AirVPN is connected to a server
- reconnect on disconnect

What is happening:
AirVPN doesn't automaticly connect on start. The VPN locks randomly itself, also when I move out of a WIFI or something. I can't really tell when and when not.
When the locking is happening, everything is blocked and I'm not getting a connection - it does not even try to reconned and I can't do anything without closing the connection (which results in a lack).
That way traffic get leaked unprotected - which is very very bad and it makes me unhappy. Sometimes when I don't see it I'm blocked for hours and miss important messages because of that.
Then when I want to get my VPN connection again, I have to close the connection and connect again (it even says connected to VPN or something but doesn't display a server information or anything) and that way I'm unprotected.
The logfiles are not usable and doesn't tell me anything about the issue.

Any suggestions on this? If not I request that to be changed asap please. This is really important and its making my mobile experience very bad.

Thanks a lot!

Regards :)

If you're on Android 8+, consider disabling Eddie's VPN lock and use Android's Always-On VPN feature. This will block all connections until one of the apps you specify, such as Eddie, establishes a VPN tunnel.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

1 hour ago, OpenSourcerer said:

If you're on Android 8+, consider disabling Eddie's VPN lock and use Android's Always-On VPN feature. This will block all connections until one of the apps you specify, such as Eddie, establishes a VPN tunnel.

Thanks, I appreciate your reply a lot. I found the VPN settings of android and did your recommendations.