Not connected, Your IP: 44.203.58.132
XorZor

Eddie UI: Unable to start (No socket)

Posted ... (edited)

I have same problem on WIN pro 10, after load OS, if I trying star eddie manually - system notification me: "unable to obtain elevated privileges". Before shutdown, I see notification what eddie prevention shutdown.

Снимок экрана 2021-04-02 081541.png

Edited ... by XorZor
Provide more info

@XorZor
I split your topic into your own because the one you posted in wanted to know if it was possible to hide the splash screen. Your problem is the Unable to start (No socket) error which sometimes can occur if you shutdown Windows without properly stopping Eddie. In this case, either kill the openvpn.exe process in task manager or reboot.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hi, I'm running Eddie on Windows 8.1 and are experiencing the same.

Since this only seems to happen in Windows, I think the root of the problem has to do with the way Windows are using hibernation as default when shutting down, which isn't the case when restarting.

It was also a problem in the previous version of Eddie, so after a Windows shutdown the "Start with Windows" hasn't been working during the latest two versions of Eddie (if not manually killing OpenVPN or restarting as mentioned above).

So glad i came to the support board to look for this. I am having the same issue and i "fix it" by rebooting. So.... there isn't a particular solution and we have to manually exit Eddie before shutting down? i'll try that. Feels like a minor annoyance.

On 4/23/2021 at 5:28 AM, ev0ishere said:

» So.... there isn't a particular solution and we have to manually exit Eddie before shutting down? «

On 5/3/2021 at 1:52 PM, woot said:

» i'm having the same issue. isn't there any solution other than a reboot? «

If the splash screen get stuck while loading, another "solution" is to kill the OpenVPN process as mentioned by OpenSourcerer. This can be done by opening the "Task Manager" and expanding it by selecting "More details". Then scroll down and select the running process named "OpenVPN Daemon". When selected click on "End task". Now you should see Eddie continue loading.

Well... i now shut down the Eddie client manually every time before i close the computer. I note that killing the app, and trying to restart it doesn't work for me. Gives me an error message. I can't be sure at the moment if it is "can't acquire privileges" or "something about a socket".

Please forgive my newb ass.