Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.69.152
astralmind

Slow web browsing, ok torrent speed !?

Hopefully someone can pinpoint this as I'm a bit stumped. UDP would stall at the IPV4 verification.  Using TCP protocol port 443, I can get some very decent torrent speed with proper port-forwarding, close to what my 50/10 puny connection can deliver. - That's great news! I have yet to figure out how to have my Plex server accessible but I'm sure there is a guide somewhere. 

However, browsing, with any browser is very slow. Pages take forever to load (resolving host, waiting for reply etc.. messages I hadn't read for over a decade!). One the page loads, if there is a lot of media on it they'll take very long to load. Basically, this is making the VPN impossible to use. I am running Eddie 2.20.0, tried multiple servers locally and abroad, different browsers etc.

Thanks! 

AirVpn.txt

Curious that you've got LAN and WLAN on and apparently connected, in two different networks. Which one is the primary? I suggest disconnecting the other.

Then, I think, the system report from a UDP connection (attempt) are more interesting, because, since TCP is working, the logs reflect that as well. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)

Ah, the LAN connection is only used for my VR (Virtual desktop, as an access point) - I doubt it would impact much ? 

I do see the VPN adapter as a DNS server assigned to it 10.24.27.1 but overriding it with anything (auto or Google DNS for example) doesn't seem to change anything unless I'd have to disconnect and reconnect.

Edit - Well, it seem the adapter changes the DNS server on new connection and override the settings in the device every time.

Edit 2 - Unchecking the IPV6 adapter under my wifi NIC seems to have improved things a bit but it still remains much slower than normal, always on the 'first attempt at resolving host'

As the issue appears to be strictly related to websites upon initial loading it seems highly probably that DNS is involved but I have no idea what else to try. It sucks as otherwise, it seems like a great VPN so far.

As for your observation regarding the UDP attempt, I do wonder what this could mean.... hmmm

2 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Curious that you've got LAN and WLAN on and apparently connected, in two different networks. Which one is the primary? I suggest disconnecting the other.

Then, I think, the system report from a UDP connection (attempt) are more interesting, because, since TCP is working, the logs reflect that as well. :)

Edited ... by astralmind

18 hours ago, astralmind said:

As the issue appears to be strictly related to websites upon initial loading it seems highly probably that DNS is involved but I have no idea what else to try. It sucks as otherwise, it seems like a great VPN so far.

And this assessment is correct because if you pinged 9.9.9.9 or something, you wouldn't see latency break down.
We asked for the same system report but when trying to connect with UDP, to narrow the problem down based on a diagnosis :)

and it's all working now! Although I can't understand why, it seems simply running "ipconfig /flushdns" fixed it all. No need for any other tweaking. Things are working A1 now (IPV6 enabled, both Nics online etc). Sorry for wasting your time :)

27 minutes ago, astralmind said:

Although I can't understand why, it seems simply running "ipconfig /flushdns" fixed it all.

This is very strange, because Eddie is supposed to do that itself… but anyway, enjoy. :)