Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.249.19
spannernick1

My Internet only works with Eddie connected

Posted ... (edited)

I have a problem with Eddie, my Internet only works with Eddie connected and if I turn it off, it don't fix my network, it still says "No Network" near the clock on the taskbar bottom right,(I can fix it but would have to restart my PC then stop Eddie loading at start up and would have to do it every time I use AirVPN and Eddie) and the name of my Network adapter(Realtek PCIe Family Controller)  has changes from Local Area Connection to Ethernet and the TAP-Windows Adapter V9 is now called Local Area Connection..?

Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470S CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
RAM: 8GB
I am on Windows 10 Pro : 20H2
OS Build: 19042.804

Any help would be appreciated.. I have been using AirVPN along time now.

Edited ... by spannernick1

Let it connect, then disconnect. Verify that you seemingly don't have an internet connection. Then go to the Logs tab, click the lifebelt icon right of the logs, then upload or paste this here.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

hi @spannernick1

I have seen a similar issue. My problem was that I was understanding the behavior of Network lock.

For example, if you connect and enable network lock in Eddie, all your connections are forced to go via VPN. Therefore you can only access internet if Eddie is connected.
However, if being connected to eddie and network lock is enabled and you restart the PC, network lock will continue enabled (so you cant access internet without Eddie!)

So keep an eye in that option and make sure you disable network lock when not needed 😉

I hope is as simple as this!