Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.42.157
ProphetPX

Can login, lock, AND connect to a server but NO WEBPAGES come up once "connected" - why?

Posted ... (edited)

Yesterday, i upgraded from Windows 10 1909 Home x64, to Windows 10 20H2 (Home) x64, and my VPN did work just fine before the upgrade i am having problems now since the upgrade to the new version of windows 10, where things are not working. I can login to AirVPN with my account (sometimes it gives me a "can't bootstrap error"?), and i can lock my network, AND I CAN connect to a AirVPN server ... but when using my browser after all of this, NO WEBPAGES come up once "connected" - why?

Eddie says i am connected (i use the windows GUI for x64), and it shows data up and down, in kbits, but the real proof of it is not there (Firefox is not letting me get any webpage over the VPN connection). i tried uninstalling Eddie, AFTER the windows 10 upgrade, and then re-installing Eddie.  SAME PROBLEM.

Incidentally during or after the windows 10 upgrade, it removed my VirtualBox adapter .... and i wonder if that was part of the probem. I am not wanting help here with virtualbox adapters lol so no worry there, but i just wondered if that was related to the issue?  i dont know if the windows upgrade also jimmied with the TAP v9 adapter which Eddie uses or not?

i do not know what is going on and i really just wanna use my paid service and be a happy customer.  Please help. Thanks.

Edited ... by ProphetPX

maybe it takes some time for people to see this topic and i know i am not able to compensate anyone but i am paying for my AirVPN subscription so it sure would be nice if someone helped with this soon????  i really need help with this one!!! i am NOT ABLE to use my VPN service that i am paying for because of this problem!!!  thanks

18 hours ago, ProphetPX said:

i dont know if the windows upgrade also jimmied with the TAP v9 adapter which Eddie uses or not?

Which one do you use on your system TAP/Wintun?
Either way check if your connection has been fully established.
Post here the output of netstat/netstat -a from cmd.exe.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-netstat-command-windows-10

10 hours ago, ProphetPX said:

but i am paying for my AirVPN subscription so it sure would be nice if someone helped with this soon????

I'll quote my signature:

» The forums is a place where you can ask questions to the community. You are not entitled to guaranteed answer times here. Answer quality may vary, too. If you need professional support, please create tickets.

That professional support is what you also more or less subscribe to. Literally anyone can register here and start posting replies. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.