Not connected, Your IP: 44.210.107.64
okebaja

Same speed with AirVPN as without it: how's that even possible?

Posted ... (edited)

For two years I was using ProtonVPN and was very happy about it. It offered a good service and decent speed. It offered decent value for money too, because I was able to purchase it through the black friday offering of 2018.  Now, two years later, I was not so happy to find that prices would go up considerably for me. At that time, I did not know of their new black friday offering and found that AirVPN, that I already found interesting and was following for some time, did offer one. A good one! So I decided to give it a go, cancelled Proton and purchased AirVPN. And did not regret it!

First of all, security seems more tight by using certificates for client identification instead of username/pass. 
There's a good number of servers too, and the Dutch ones, where I am located, are very fast and got good ratings. Netflix is working.
And then the speed. I am using a 100 Mbit glass fibre line, and with ProtonVPN I got a decent 70/75 out of it. Now with Air, I have measured a few time and everytime it is above 90, most of the times above 95. Up and down. Today, I switched networks and measured on my IOT network that's not behind AirVPN, and got precisely the same speed. How is that even possible? 

In case you did not get it, I am very happy with AirVPN!

Edited ... by okebaja

14 minutes ago, okebaja said:

Netflix is working.

Thousands of private messages asking "HOW, HOW DID YOU DO THAT" incoming. :D Because Netflix does not work for most around here :)

14 minutes ago, okebaja said:

How is that even possible?

Are you sure you're connected? :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Netflix works for me too. 
And when i use Eddie for desktop the speed is literally 95% or higher of my isp (100/20), and i get around (95/19). and yes im sure im connected xD, i always check ipleak.net and check for any dns leak aswell
However, when i use Pfsense, i get only around 80% of the speed

Netflix is playing games. With some vpn connections you get only those produced by Netfix. The "beter" series/movies , you get when using no vpn or a provider
who is still more clever than the Cat.
Just my analyze.

Casper

On 12/3/2020 at 8:46 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

Thousands of private messages asking "HOW, HOW DID YOU DO THAT" incoming. :D Because Netflix does not work for most around here :)

Are you sure you're connected? :D 

Yes, I am sure, but it was exactly what I was asking myself: am I connected?
But when I go to airvpn.org I see a green tick mark icon and the name of the server I use... so I suppose I am really connected.
Netflix works but Spotify (on Apple TV) is asking "are you connected to the internet?" all the time, in the mean time happily playing songs... weird.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, Mad_Max said:

However, when i use Pfsense, i get only around 80% of the speed

It is possible for me. I have 200/50 speed ISP and I get 250 Mbps with AirVPN (195-ish without AirVPN) in various American and Canadian servers. Every computer are different, different combination of components can do great or weird thing.

Did you test the speed with Network Lock enabled? If you didn't, try it with it enabled and test again.