Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.53.68
Hans Maulwurf

SSH Access after connecting to AirVPN

Hi all,

first i want to say thanks for all the great tips / hints here. I was able to set up hummingbird as a service on my raspi4 runninhg kali. So I am always connected directly after booting.

I have one problem which I can't find here or solve by myself. SSH Connection to my raspi4 is not possible after i connect, but only from behind my router.

so this is my network:

ISP - Modem - Firewall - Switch: [PC / Raspi4 / other stuff)
                             |
                    OpenWRT Wifi

If i try to ssh into raspi from my pc (which is connected on the same switch) everything is fine. if i try to connect to ssh from my mobile (connected on the Openwrt) it is not possible. as soon as i disconnect vpn it works again.

are you guys able to help with that? thanks!

Is your OpenWRT WLAN network a different subnet? Then it's Hummingbird's NetLock preventing connections. Disable NetLock (-n off) or add an exception to the firewall after connection.

I feel obliged to tell you that Kali Linux is not a distribution for daily, server or embedded use. It's prime purpose is to be booted live to do penetration testing with little traces on the hardware it's run on. JFYI.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, it's a different subnet, but sadly setting the netlock switch in the hummingbird command did not work. 

I used Kali because i really liked the availability of all the network tools. Which distro would you recommend?