Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.0.240
SomewhatSane

Servers in Birmingham, UK

Hello. Is there any chance that there could be servers added in Birmingham, UK?
I think they could be good as Birmingham is quite a central location in the UK and has a relatively high population.

Thanks for reading.

More important than location is the data center, its capacity, policies and prices, that's the basis determining the "whether or not". Demand for a country is a requirement for this, degrading performance of other servers in the same country can be a second.
Now about the former, UK's got ~1150 clients on 16 servers with 16000 MBit/s available, of which ~4000 MBit/s are used as of 10 minutes ago, which is a neat 25%, so I personally don't see Birmingham added based on demand. Also, as the other UK servers don't seem to have a hard time now that would make a replacement mandatory, the degradation reason does not apply here as well.
Which overall makes it difficult to write "you are right, good idea". But please bear in mind that I do not speak for AirVPN, so maybe a team member will see something I don't. It certainly helps if you know of data centers in this area which can live up to at least the mission statement.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

2 hours ago, giganerd said:

More important than location is the data center, its capacity, policies and prices, that's the basis determining the "whether or not". Demand for a country is a requirement for this, degrading performance of other servers in the same country can be a second.
Now about the former, UK's got ~1150 clients on 16 servers with 16000 MBit/s available, of which ~4000 MBit/s are used as of 10 minutes ago, which is a neat 25%, so I personally don't see Birmingham added based on demand. Also, as the other UK servers don't seem to have a hard time now that would make a replacement mandatory, the degradation reason does not apply here as well.
Which overall makes it difficult to write "you are right, good idea". But please bear in mind that I do not speak for AirVPN, so maybe a team member will see something I don't. It certainly helps if you know of data centers in this area which can live up to at least the mission statement.

That's fair enough. Thanks for the explanation! While I'm not too knowledgable of DCs in the area, I know that UK Dedicated Servers has servers available in Coventry which is close to Birmingham. UKDS is already used for all of the Maidenhead servers. I think there is also some co-location provider in the area called Six Degrees. It's fine if Birmingham servers don't see the light of day but it's just something that I thought that could be cool after I saw IPVanish add Birmingham servers. (They are the only provider that has servers in Birmingham afaik)

Of the UK servers, the ones located in London seem far more stable & capable of higher throughput than the others - the Maidenhead ones never worked well for me.
I agree, it would be nice for a centralised option as the Manchester ones are too far from the south of England. Connected via OpenReach in the south, London servers are 6ms away, Manchester 18ms+; further than Belgium/Netherlands.