Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.107.124
filarakia

Eddie UI problems on Linux Mint

Hi everyone,
I am having lots of problems with Eddie 2.18.9 on Linux Mint.
The main problem is that the UI becomes unresponsive after being connected for a few minutes. The connection still works, but opening the main window just shows my background (behind the window) inside the window frame, and no UI elements. The only way to stop Eddie is to kill it, but then the connection breaks and I have to restart the laptop.

An additional issue is that Eddie produces extremely lengthy error messages that clog up its notification section in the context menus. This means I cannot even see what the options say sometimes, e.g. see attached screenshot.

Are there any plans to improve these behaviours in future versions?

eddie.png

Can you try renaming the default.profile file in ~/.config/eddie to something else, then launching Eddie again and trying a connection with the default settings?
If it works, go through Preferences again and set everything as it was before. Do not rename the old profile back.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I used to get that problem on my mint 19.3 cinnamon whenever I tried it, in fact I used Qomui instead because of the cgroups. I've since fresh installed mint 20 cinnamon and found that Qomui's cgroup doesn't work correctly so I decided to use the latest version of beta eddie (2.19.4 as we speak) and have not seen your mentioned problem since. I can't say if it was mint 19.3 or the version eddie I was using at the time but mint 20 with eddie 2.19.4 is working without a hitch for me.