Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.180.255
RainbowConnect

Overseas air VPN doesn’t work for Netflix or Amazon prime nor Disney+

Posted ... (edited)

I am stuck overseas in the Dominican republic because of the Covid crisis, and airports are closed again for another month until July 9. I saw that you can use a VPN to show that you are in the United States and watch your paid for subscriptions that you have while overseas, however this does not work with airVPN.  At least the configurations I created from Miami, Illinois and was hoping someone here could give advice how to configure airVPN. so I can use my subscriptions to see all that I have paid for.  I paid for another subscriptions of airVPN for nothing, as I can’t use it here that was promoted that it could do. in fact, Netflix and prime video in broad bold letters at the top says please turn off your VPN and try again. I can’t even watch anything if airVPN is turned on.
  Any advice on how to get access to Netflix, Amazon prime, and Disney+ from the Dominican republic would be much appreciate it if it is possible with AirVPN.  Other VPN services were promoted as being able to do this so it seems that AirVPN should be able to do this as well, but it is not working and both Amazon and Netflix immediately knoW I’m using a VPN and say I can’t access their service at all when it’s turned on and tells me to turn it off.  So I can’t even watch Netflix with airVPN turned on my iOS device, my iPad and my iPhone 11 which is all I have here for  What I thought was to be a short visit in March for my wife’s mothers death, and return 25 March, but all was canceled by that time.  Now we have been stuck here over three months having to pay each day stay here and it’s become an incredible financial burden with all money going out on our credit cards and no money coming in.  Our jobs are open and functional at this time, but we cannot attend because we can’t get to Miami. We can fly within the states, but we can’t get to Miami from here until July 9.
   Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Zephar
Edited ... by RainbowConnect
Corrections

1 hour ago, RainbowConnect said:

it’s become an incredible financial burden with all money going out on our credit cards and no money coming in

I'd say, if this is the case, maybe unsubscribe from Netflix temporarily? :)

Netflix was explicitly supported in the past, but currently is not. A minority of users might write it does work for them, maybe they can give you more advice if they happen to read your thread.
In the forums people started posting experiences with Disney+ only recently, there's too little data to say something precise about it. What we know suggests it does not work and is also not supported by the rerouting feature.
With Amazon Prime Video, though, it seems to work mostly.

Since you are not using Eddie, make sure you are using AirDNS so that you can use the rerouting against georestricted content. Set your DNS servers statically to the ones on the Specs page.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Netflix is indeed not supported by AirVPN. Netflix actively blocks VPNs. You can check the status here:
You can see other services here:

https://airvpn.org/forums/forum/10-websites-support/

For now, you could either unsubscribe from Netflix or subscribe to a different VPN service supporting netflix for one month :)

10 hours ago, giganerd said:

I'd say, if this is the case, maybe unsubscribe from Netflix temporarily? :)

Netflix was explicitly supported in the past, but currently is not. A minority of users might write it does work for them, maybe they can give you more advice if they happen to read your thread.
In the forums people started posting experiences with Disney+ only recently, there's too little data to say something precise about it. What we know suggests it does not work and is also not supported by the rerouting feature.
With Amazon Prime Video, though, it seems to work mostly.

Since you are not using Eddie, make sure you are using AirDNS so that you can use the rerouting against georestricted content. Set your DNS servers statically to the ones on the Specs page.
thanks so much for the response and suggestions. I’ll give it a try as you stated using air DNS, although I’m not sure what that is I recall in the beginning you slept from a couple choices and I think that’s one of them. But I’ll read through the specs page and hopefully I can figure it out. I was disappointed your VPN didn’t work for Netflix, Got the same VPN detection from Amazon prime, and also from Disney+. Absolutely nothing worked, but are used my regular method of configuring for an iOS device, for use in the USA. Perhaps your suggestion will fix this.   Best, Zephar

4CCA6A67-5D7B-46A7-B05B-85FB332637BE.png

2F1A3C8A-ADF2-41D5-85CC-4577EC9DF3A2.png

672FE57F-CF49-4AA1-BDEF-56A72E3B64F6.png