Not connected, Your IP: 3.85.241.10
Sign in to follow this  
juice678

How can I configure the Qbittorrent Proxy Server section?

Forgive me if I've missed something but I'm unsure as to how I'm supposed to configure the proxy server section in Qbittorrent so I don't have to route all my computer traffic to the VPN via the Eddie app?

2 hours ago, juice678 said:

Forgive me if I've missed something but I'm unsure as to how I'm supposed to configure the proxy server section in Qbittorrent so I don't have to route all my computer traffic to the VPN via the Eddie app?

If you are using Windows, see this:

https://github.com/tool-maker/VPN_just_for_torrents/wiki/Running-OpenVPN-on-Windows-without-VPN-as-Default-Gateway

"... In order to do this you need to suppress the VPN from becoming the default gateway and set up routing to allow "source address routing". Below there is a script to set this up, and another to remove this again.

Then the client programs meant to use the VPN must be bound to the VPN interface IP address. The client program has to provide this capabilty. Torrent clients like uTorrent, qBittorrent, transmission, deluge and Vuze provide this."

In qBittorrent it is "Tools/Options/Advanced/Network Interface" to bind to the VPN interface.

You must have "Network Lock" disabled in Eddie. And you will nee to allow incoming connections to qBittorrent through Windows firewall. Windows considers the VPN to be a "Public" network.