Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.47.14
deguito18090

IPLeak show only one DNS

Hello,

I reconnected to AirVPN and for the first time ipleak.net show me only one DNS server, I have the confirm that is an AirVPN server but all the other times I got over 50 different DNS.

Why this difference?

Thanks

2 hours ago, deguito18090 said:

Hello,

I reconnected to AirVPN and for the first time ipleak.net show me only one DNS server, I have the confirm that is an AirVPN server but all the other times I got over 50 different DNS.

Why this difference?

Thanks

You should never have gotten 50 if you were using Air DNS.  2 at the most, one ipv4, another ipv6.  anymore and that's no Air DNS.

Posted ... (edited)
10 minutes ago, go558a83nk said:

You should never have gotten 50 if you were using Air DNS.  2 at the most, one ipv4, another ipv6.  anymore and that's no Air DNS.
I'm noticing that if I use Eddie I obtain one DNS IP, if I use instad openvpn I obtain 69 DNS IP from the same server in ipleak.net.

I think it's better if my workstation change DNS ip 69 times instead to use the same IP. Correct? Edited ... by deguito18090

1 hour ago, deguito18090 said:
I'm noticing that if I use Eddie I obtain one DNS IP, if I use instad openvpn I obtain 69 DNS IP from the same server in ipleak.net.

I think it's better if my workstation change DNS ip 69 times instead to use the same IP. Correct?

not at all.  what that's showing, and it's normal when using openvpn GUI on windows, is that when you use openvpn GUI instead of Eddie you have a DNS leak which is ruining some of the privacy you gain by using a VPN.

you want just the one (or two with ipv6) airvpn servers showing up as DNS servers.

7 minutes ago, go558a83nk said:

not at all.  what that's showing, and it's normal when using openvpn GUI on windows, is that when you use openvpn GUI instead of Eddie you have a DNS leak which is ruining some of the privacy you gain by using a VPN.

you want just the one (or two with ipv6) airvpn servers showing up as DNS servers.
Thanks for the quick reply, so I continue to use Eddie.