Not connected, Your IP: 52.205.159.48
curhen57

Help find a cure to Covid-19 with Folding@home!

Hi everyone.
If anybody's feeling hopeless about the Coronavirus outbreak still going on, you can shelve it. Because I found out about Folding@home, which is a research project that is currently pouring focus into Covid-19 as I speak.

Check out their website http://foldingathome.org

We can basically help out by downloading and installing their free client software. It allows you to share your computer's processor power to carry out protein simulations used to better understand how the virus works. Hopefully, as more and more of us use it to contribute to the research, we'll find a cure much sooner and save more lives that way.

So what do you all think?

The Debian package of fahclient seems to rely on package versions which are in stretch only. If installed on testing/bullseye, dpkg errors out while configuring it. And since there is no portable, it's therefore unusable on newer Debians. 😕

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 3/31/2020 at 11:24 AM, curhen57 said:

We can basically help out by downloading and installing their free client software. It allows you to share your computer's processor power to carry out protein simulations used to better understand how the virus works. Hopefully, as more and more of us use it to contribute to the research, we'll find a cure much sooner and save more lives that way.

A bit confused with your "statement". They already have support from Intel/AMD/Google etc.

To be honest, I got very excited about trying to help out by spreading the word.
Yeah, I'm aware of what you just told me.

I'm not a computer expert myself so the best way I can address that is by forwarding you this thread by someone who shares your concerns.
Privacy Concerns about Folding@home

Sorry.