Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.152.95
Torry

ANSWERED Eddie Client Keeps Restarting Every 5 Minutes

I selected the option "Network Lock" and then activated the Eddie client and I'll show you all the rest:

Every five minutes, it give me an "inactivity timeout (ping restart) restarting.
So damn frustrating to have to go through this. Is there a way to remove that part of the equation from the client because this is SERIOUSLY frustrating.

Eddie Client Report.txt

Well, first of all I think you're misusing your distribution (quoted DistroWatch):

BackBox Linux is an Ubuntu-based distribution developed to perform penetration tests and security assessments.

It fits into the reputation Kali Linux has and Kali is not even intended to be installed, let alone a daily driver. Unless you absolutely know what you are doing, of course, but most of them "Kali installers" are not.
Next thing: There's a 2.18 beta (doesn't feel like a beta) which fixes a plethora of issues and problems with the current stable. Might also fix it for you. Look in the Announcement section for links and How-Tos.
Third, in the Logs tab, click the lifebelt icon and paste the output here. Gives more info about your setup like library versions and interface configuration, and seeing that you're having a networking-related problem it might come in handy.

Fourth.. are you asking to remove the inactivity timeout (as in, this "bug"), or just the message? :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanx for the reply:

It doesn't matter what Linux distro I use. The output would still be the same - I used Mint, Fedora Gnome and KDE versions, and KDE Neon. Still had a constant timing out of connection due to "inactivity" which of course, wasn't true at all.

I downloaded and installed the experimental version and so far so good. Here's the output :

It seems that the timeout and/or timers have been modified. Hopefully for the best.

The inactivity timeout I was asking for to be removed was for the non-experimental version because I believe that it was a bug. I'm not for sure if it even was a bug.

Eddie_20200301_170541.txt