Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.5.68
quantensprung

Isolate VPN-connected machine on Intranet

I am trying to completely isolate the machine that I use with my VPN connection from other machines on the intranet local network.

I am using Windows 10 and Eddie on a VM guest that gets internet access through Windows ICS. The VM guest's IP is 192.168.32.10. Other machines in the intranet have an IP range of (e.g.) 150.0.0.1-150.0.0.254.

I have read quite a few posts about this here, but did not find a definite answer. I have activated Network Lock (and unticked LAN access) and created a Firewall rule to block all applications to access 150.0.0.0/16, which should prevent any access to other machines on the intranet. What confuses me is that a network scan still finds all machines in the intranet IP range 150.0.0.1-150.0.0.254 when connected to the VPN with Network Lock and the additional firewall rule.

Is this normal? Am I missing something? What steps can I take to ensure that there is absolutely now leakage of the VPN-connected machine to other machines in the intranet?

Ping is using ICMP. I'm not sure if this is accounted for in Windows. If you try connecting to one of the machines via TCP/UDP it won't work as expected. In Settings > Network Lock, what's the method you chose?

By the way, 150.0.0.0/24 is a public IPv4 address. I hope you didn't configure your local (private) network to use it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I am using WFP as the network lock method. 150.0.0.0/24 was just an example, not my private network.

Actually, I cannot ping any computer with network lock on ("General Failure"). I suppose that is how it should be because a deactivated Ping in the Network lock.  What I can do, however, is see both machines in an IP Scanner (e.g. Angry IP Scanner). The scanner results in alive machines when I scan the guest from the host. When I scan from the guest, I can see all other machines connected to my private network. I find this a bit puzzling.