Not connected, Your IP: 34.205.142.9
DamianSilas

Can individual sessions on a VPN service be compared to other sessions on the same VPN service?

Posted ... (edited)

Say I have a VPN that I turn on and use at one point during the day for some searches on Google about stores in my local zip code. After searching, I close my browser then turn of the VPN.

Later in the day I turn on the same VPN service (but a different session), run a Virtual machine, run Tor on that VM and go on websites with no reference to my local zip code.

Are those two individual sessions able to be compared and put together by an entity other than the VPN provider? Or would that be something highly unlikely to occur unless I was personally being scrutinized by some outside organization? Would it matter if I changed the VPN server location or would that not change the outcome at all?https://sarkariresult.onl/ Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/

Edited ... by DamianSilas

6 hours ago, DamianSilas said:

Are those two individual sessions able to be compared and put together by an entity other than the VPN provider? Or would that be something highly unlikely to occur unless I was personally being scrutinized by some outside organization?

Not even the VPN provider. Apart from the fact no one around here knows what you did last summer, let alone yesterday, if you use Tor you are encrypting what you are doing over it as well, as in, another layer of encryption on top of OpenVPN.

6 hours ago, DamianSilas said:

Would it matter if I changed the VPN server location or would that not change the outcome at all?

Well, we're talking Tor here. It's difficult to trace the circuit you used to view those websites. You could configure a tremendous amount of entries, relays and exits and see if you get a correlation, but your joy of spying will last ~10 minutes after which a new circuit is used. You can have the luck of another correlation after that, but the moment one or two of these servers are not yours, you won't be able to do much.
So all in all, the server location doesn't matter if you use Tor.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.