Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.113.188

Hello.
New user here. (not a complete noob but no expert).
Joined to get some decent torrent speeds and this VPN is highly recommended.
I am with Virgin Fibre, and am getting 100Mbps download connected to Betelgeuse UK server.
I have gone to the client area and opened a TCP/UDP port as stated. Green check there and success through canyouseemee.org.
Used 2 clients, Utorrent and Qbittorrent. I think I have them setup correctly (see below).
However speeds still incredibly slow. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

torrent.jpg

What are the connection settings, like max connections and max upload slots? And bandwidth settings as well?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hi, maybe there is a small misunderstanding. It seems, you want to use a VPN for more speed. Thats not possible (as long as your provider isnt blocking P2P and antiP2P functions doesnt help of course). Could you give us more information with the connection or are the tests good, but just the speed is slow?

So, if the port forwarding works fine and the tests are positive, you need other people to upload. Example: If the file has only 1 source with 100% (the worst situation) and if his upload is used already, your have to wait or only get a small amount of his upload. No VPN or other stuff can change that.

A lot of people use VPN for comfort options, anonymity or against technical issues like the IPv4 problem with a lot internet providers. AirVPN is the only Service, which works for me for port forwarding at the moment. My ISP uses tunnelled IPs for the customers, so no high ID for emule possible or green results for torrent.

Hi. Thanks for the replies all. The speeds are great now. Not sure why as I did not change anything else.

I feel Utorrent is a bit more stable, reliable overall in performance then Qbittorent but I used to prefer Qbittorent for many years.

Here are some of my Torrent settings suggestions which are good for under a VPN
6 settings in Utorent program

1-Under Directories tab : set up your downloads and temp folder to same folder.
(stops disk thrashing when saving file) and use SSD for faster speeds.

2-Under Connections tab :Port forwarding add your port, disable UPnP and NAT-PMP port mapping

3-Under Bandwidth tab:
Set your Global Upload rate to 40-60% of overall upload speed
Set your Global Download rate to 70-80% of overall download speed
(Use speed test site to determine speeds)
uncheck apply rate limit to uTP connections

4-Under Bitorent tab:uncheck/no tick :enable bandwidth management [uTP]
Protocol encryption outgoing:Forced and tick/enable Allow incoming legacy connections

5-Queueing-max number of active torrents =50, max numer of active
downloads =100

6-check port forwarding is working via canyouseeme.org, if not check your AV or Firewall is not blocking connections.

If you want:
Remove utorent adverts:
https://www.rapidseedbox.com/blog/optimize-utorrent

I think the most important Torrent settings is to Port forward and confirm its working ok (torrent program must be running) and disabling uTP or enabling TCP protocol in your torrent app (uttorent has only uTP).

If you cue up the 3 ubuntu torrent files here:
https://ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads

You should almost max out your Virgin Media line so roughly you should see 10-12 MB/s with those 3 ubuntus above.