Not connected, Your IP: 52.90.50.252
Sign in to follow this  
user0106390

Network Lock Improvement

Posted ... (edited)

I managed to accidentally sign myself out of Windows when changing the display settings, and when signing back in my internet was functional. This means that Windows closed the AirVPN client normally when signing out and the network lock was disabled, leaving me vulnerable to a possible IP leak for any open application that didn't close before the AirVPN client. In this instance I know that an application was running after the AirVPN client closed because I had the application not responding error message when signing out. Fortunately I have custom firewall rules set up to block specific applications from using anything other than public networks so I shouldn't have had an IP leak, but most people won't do this.

I think the network lock could be improved by providing an option to always block when disconnected, even after closing the application normally. I know of a couple of other VPN's that have this option. While it was stupid of me to sign out, accidents do happen and the network lock should have a foolproof option.

Edit: It turns out that the exit confirmation prompt will stop it from shutting down when signing out, so it was my mistake disabling this option without understanding how it could affect the reliability of the network lock. Nevertheless, I think that providing an option to always block when disconnected would be an improvement.

Edited ... by user0106390