Not connected, Your IP: 18.207.254.88
Lee47

Virgin media Customers and AirVPN performance

17 hours ago, Adzkii said:

what settings should i set to bypass this virgin media throttling? i'm on their 100mbps package and i'm only getting 20-30mbps

If you are on Windows check out the link in my post above and follow the instructions to download and install the Wintun Adapter. I am on the VM 200 package and over the last long, long time was only getting 30-35mbps while using AirVPN although I got the full 200mbps when not using the vpn. I have tried and blamed a lot of things in the chain for that, Virgin say they don't throttle anything and I tend to believe them because I only had these problems since I installed their Superhub3. Myself I think something in the SH3 causes a bottleneck in the 1GB speed setting in the Local Area Connection settings when using a vpn which only gives 100mb instead even though it states 1GB. Anyway, by following those instructions in my post above and installing the Wintun Adapter my speed increased to between 85-95mbps and I am getting d/l speeds of over 12mbps on well seeded torrents.

On 4/7/2020 at 4:30 PM, Adzkii said:

what settings should i set to bypass this virgin media throttling? i'm on their 100mbps package and i'm only getting 20-30mbps

On my 350 line, I'm getting 200mbit/sec over encrypted vpn tunnel.

Try the following...

Preferences > Protocols ... set it to 'SSL 443' or 'Automatic'
Preferences > Networking ... set both send/receive buffers to '256' or '512 KB'
Preferences > OVPN directives ... insert 'mssfix 1442' as Custom command

Save these settings and reconnect.

Also, what is the CPU processor's spec on on your computer? Computer's CPU matters for speeds over encrypted tunnel.