Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.247.196
OmegaHarvest

Port Forwarding with pfSense

Hey,

I have successfully setup AirVPN as a client running on my pfSense router. However I am having trouble port forwarding to my torrent client (Transmission). I have followed the following guide but had no luck:

https://nguvu.org/pfsense/pfsense-port-forward/

I port forward other services via the WAN interface without any problems so I'm familiar with how it normally works. Having spent almost a day trying to get this working I think I may have found where the problem lies. If I navigate to Diagnostics > Test Port in pfSense and attempt to connect to the listening port of Transmission on my LAN and set the interface I'm connecting from to AirVPN it fails. Likewise, if I use the ping tool and try to ping anything on my LAN from the AirVPN interface it fails. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here but I would imagine the AirVPN interface needs to be able to communicate to the LAN in order for the port forwarding to reach Transmission's listening port? I temporarily set a firewall rule on the AirVPN interface to allow all traffic to anywhere but this still didn't work.

I'm fairly stumped at this point, could this be a routing issue of some sort? I notice that pfsense_fan's setup guide does say to enable 'Don't pull routes'.

TIA

OmegaHarvest

client area > forwarded ports.   you have setup transmission to use the port displayed?

then in pfSense > firewall > NAT > port forward you have it set to the static IP of the computer using transmission? 

this works because I have 2 different ports forwarded to two different machines on my network 

I had done this yes. I've removed the config for now. I'm confident I had setup the port forwarding correctly, and could see the port Transmission was listening on listed when running netstat on the host running it. I've tried setting the listening port to the same as what AirVPN's port forwarding allocated me, and tried the default which is 51413, but NAT won't work with either.

From your pfSense setup, can you connect to the ports of your machines by going to Diagnostics > Test Port and selecting your the interface AirVPN is using?