Not connected, Your IP: 54.163.62.42
Schwebus

Error: OpenVPN <- Options: tls auth and tls crypt are mutually exclusive

Hi there!

The error message in the title appears when i try to connect to any server. any suggestions? ive tried looking into the server.config and client.config files and played around with the tls auth line (changing 0s to 1s and vice versa) but didnt work.

best

There will be no real suggestions without you providing much more information: OS, client and version, server, port, protocol, etc.; it's all in the OpenVPN logs and I suggest uploading or pasting them here.

On a more general note, you seem to be trying the tls-auth directive connecting to a server's tls-crypt IP. Omit tls-auth, or use IP 1 or 2 in the config generator/Eddie.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Certainly trying to use tls-auth on a tls-crypt server (entries 3 and 4) is a likely culprit.  Of note though: I had that message when I first tried to set up Air on dd-wrt using tls-crypt, and it turned out that I had a blank line in the tls-auth key window in the dd-wrt GUI.  That was enough for it to think I was trying to provide keys for both tls-auth and tls-crypt.

sorry, worked it out somehow. unfortunately i dont recall how exactly :D i have been new to linux and generally played around a bit, un and reinstalled some versions...next time ill provide more info, thanks guys!