Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.66.151
Rein874

Weird behaviour of the "Logs" section and other problems

Posted ... (edited)

Hi, I just activated my free trial code and downloaded Eddie. Everything good, except for a few things.
First of all, whenever I go into the "Logs" section of Eddie it starts displaying unknown characters and the software crashes shortly after.
Also, every 10 minutes I get the "Unable to contact provider AirVPN to obtain bootstrap information", and when I connect to a server, sometimes Eddie sends a notification to Windows displaying something along the lines of "Authorization check failed etc etc".
And another thing, I'm thinking of switching to AirVPN and I've already been with another VPN company, their Kill Switch blocked traffic even when I manually disconnected from the server, while AirVPN does not, so I can't know if the Network Lock is working as intended.
What should I do to solve these problems? Thanks in advance!
EDIT: I also noticed that in the Stats window, under the "VPN interface section" it says Mullvad, which is another VPN service, is it related to the fact that earlier this month I installed Mullvad? If so, should I change the interface AirVPN connects to or is it ok if I leave Mullvad?

Image.png

Edited ... by Rein874

4 hours ago, Rein874 said:

And another thing, I'm thinking of switching to AirVPN and I've already been with another VPN company, their Kill Switch blocked traffic even when I manually disconnected from the server, while AirVPN does not, so I can't know if the Network Lock is working as intended.

Of course you can. If, when not connected, you can't browse any website and don't seem to have conneectivity at all, it's on. Also, it's shown in the top right corner of Eddie's main window.

4 hours ago, Rein874 said:

EDIT: I also noticed that in the Stats window, under the "VPN interface section" it says Mullvad, which is another VPN service, is it related to the fact that earlier this month I installed Mullvad? If so, should I change the interface AirVPN connects to or is it ok if I leave Mullvad?

Erm.. for the sake of troubleshooting uninstall all other VPN providers' apps. You can leave OpenVPN-GUI if you have that.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

2 hours ago, giganerd said:

Erm.. for the sake of troubleshooting uninstall all other VPN providers' apps. You can leave OpenVPN-GUI if you have that.

I had already uninstalled Mullvad, that is why it seemed rather strange to see AirVPN connecting to that interface.

Anyway, I figured out how the Network Lock works, and I can now use it with no problems, thank you!
However, the other problems explained above persist.