Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.243.45

I have tried Cloudflare's VPN service the last couple of days and I'm wondering if others have tried it and what you think.

I'm based in the US and using it on an iPhone. I found the VPN to be pretty fast and very close to my actual network bandwidth (I know the Mbit I pay for and tested with speed test). I also like how aggressive the app is to try to reconnect after sleep on when there are network issues.

What are others thinking so far?

Who said anything about using a VPN that doesn't hide your IP address? I mean, if it can't hide your IP then I wouldn't even call it a VPN to begin with; but that's just me ....

I didn’t know about the IP, I verified and Cloudflare confirmed it. It looks like it’s useless.

it’s a shame because performance looked good.

I’d love Airvpn with ChaCha for iOS

On 11/11/2019 at 1:38 AM, Flx said:

You should ask Cloudflare that question

The question is answered indirectly, buried between lines of newspeak about how fast their network is and how optimally their CDN works
These things are true. I use their service for front-ending some Web sites

Anyway, it appears the answer is that the CloudFlare VPN is a way to encrypt all traffic. Since the Snowden and Assange revelations about 6 years ago, thanks to the EFF's HTTPS-Everywhere campaign, almost the whole WWW has implemented https. But the Internet is more than only the WWW. There is still a lot of plaintext traffic. Any VPN can encrypt all traffic. The CloudFlare VPN encrypts traffic, but exposes your home IP address. For people who want encryption everywhere without privacy, the CloudFlare VPN is a good half-solution

On 11/10/2019 at 1:53 AM, Flx said:
On 11/9/2019 at 7:38 PM, fittlana said:

What's the purpose of using a VPN which does not hide your IP address?

No purpose.:)

On 11/9/2019 at 7:38 PM, fittlana said:

What's the purpose of using a VPN which does not hide your IP address?

Their purpose is encryp internet traffic not to hide IP address. Not all VPNs are for hide IP, lot of companies use vpn for privacy and secure communication, so is nor necessary to hide IP

1 hour ago, calcu007 said:

Not all VPNs are for hide IP, lot of companies use vpn for privacy and secure communication, so is nor necessary to hide IP

When you remotely connect directly to your company server(VPN/SonicWall/Cisco etc). In that case "hide IP" is not necessary.
Please tell me of one big company (Microsoft/Google etc.) that did anything for "free" for the people?