Not connected, Your IP: 3.92.96.247
Sign in to follow this  
twintrees

[Resolved] Reappearance of old problem: Web browser slow to resolve address names

Posted ... (edited)

About 10 days ago I started getting very long lags after I entered a web address before the browser would resolve the address name and access the web page. I vaguely remember the same problem popping up a couple years ago after users installed the latest Windows 10 update, due to a flaw in the modification Microsoft made to DNS protocols. I found the old discussion thread, applied the recommended solution (this variant also works), and that did the trick.

I have no idea why this issue has resurfaced for me. I did upgrade to Windows 10 May 2019 update recently, but I thought the issue had been patched in the Eddie client. And I was surprised that no one else seems to have encountered this problem.

Update: Just realized that I was on an old version of Eddie. I updated to the current version, and I see that it enters a value of 3 for the IP interface metric to address this issue. Still don't know what happened to suddenly mess up my settings, but stranger things have happened.

Edited ... by forestation