Jump to content
Not connected, Your IP: 3.214.184.124
Sign in to follow this  
forestation

[Resolved] Reappearance of old problem: Web browser slow to resolve address names

Recommended Posts

Posted ... (edited)

About 10 days ago I started getting very long lags after I entered a web address before the browser would resolve the address name and access the web page. I vaguely remember the same problem popping up a couple years ago after users installed the latest Windows 10 update, due to a flaw in the modification Microsoft made to DNS protocols. I found the old discussion thread, applied the recommended solution (this variant also works), and that did the trick.

I have no idea why this issue has resurfaced for me. I did upgrade to Windows 10 May 2019 update recently, but I thought the issue had been patched in the Eddie client. And I was surprised that no one else seems to have encountered this problem.

Update: Just realized that I was on an old version of Eddie. I updated to the current version, and I see that it enters a value of 3 for the IP interface metric to address this issue. Still don't know what happened to suddenly mess up my settings, but stranger things have happened.

Edited ... by forestation

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Security Check
    Play CAPTCHA Audio
    Refresh Image
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...