Not connected, Your IP: 3.231.222.84

Posted ... (edited)

Hello,

I believe this has been discussed here many times. However, I haven't found a working solution in any suggestions that has been mentioned. 
I've signed for AirVPN because of the great port forwarding feature. This allows me actively seeding my torrents and being able to connect to many peers.
I have an issue with upload speed in p2p. I cannot basically get over something like 15-20 mbit in my upload. On the download I'm getting almost 100mbit, but the upload is very poor.
My direct line speed (without VPN) is 500/250 mbit (confirmed by Ookla speed test).
What is interesting:
- connected on AirVPN server I'm getting quite good speeds on web speed tests (Ookla showing me 150 mbit/90 mbit), so the issue with upload is only in torrent apllications
- if I open another session of Eddie in another computer "slave" (on the same acc but different server), the upload which is used there automatically reduces the upload speed used on my master, so in total I cannot exceed these 20 mbit.
I've already tried different ports and different protocols, but the result still the same. The port is opened and I connect to many peers.
So either AirVPN is somehow blocking this traffic or my ISP does that (if so, is there a way how to get over this ?)
Thank you for your help

Edited ... by miras89

i just this week was thinking about this same dilema

mac mini recently changed from bittorrent to transmission.  also tried utorrent..       have another provider on the same router with its own tunnel but on a ubuntu laptop       it transmits 2x as much as i can on airvpn

On 7/7/2019 at 9:42 PM, miras89 said:

So either AirVPN is somehow blocking this traffic or my ISP does that (if so, is there a way how to get over this ?)

Or neither of those. Did you check other clients? Did you check their connection configuration? The config of your interface? And where the hell are your OpenVPN logs?

On 7/7/2019 at 9:42 PM, miras89 said:

So either AirVPN is somehow blocking this traffic

People keep bringing this possibility up all the time. Pointing fingers seldomly helps unless you point it at yourself. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

People keep bringing this possibility up all the time. Pointing fingers seldomly helps unless you point it at yourself. 

I did not point a finger on anyone. It was just a possibility. Did not say it happened at all.

I've found a solution for my problem by myself.
Now it's all OK. Problem was on my ISP.

You can close this topic.

i actually re evaluated and this is what i found fixed it.   when i setup port forwarding both UDP and TCP were selected.    i deleted that and selected just TCP and it has actually fixed a few headaches on my network and they are getting just about the same upload and overall sharing performance

if i had just paid attention the first time...