Not connected, Your IP: 3.231.3.140

Computer -> VPN -> VPN -> Internet

My setup is like this:

I have EDDIE AirVPN (VPN Company #1) running inside my computer....connected wirelessly to my router (AC86U running ASUSMerlin)...which is connected to another VPN (VPN company#2).

I have the following questions:

1. Should I choose TCP or UDP in Eddie?

2. Which port and protocol should I choose in Eddit?

3. Should I choose TCP or UDP in router's VPN settings?

4. Which port and protocol should I choose in my router's VPN settings?

5. Will my ISP see that I'm connecting to VPN company #1 or VPN Company #2 ?

6. My computer is actually a laptop running Ubuntu. Is there anything I could do to increase my anonymity even further?

Does not matter much if your ISP is not blocking any ports. UDP can be slightly faster.

Your ISP will see the connection that came first, i.e. the one you use to tunnel the rest of the traffic over.

If it's a properly configured router with a rule to route all clients over VPN, so it will be the one on the router.

Anonymity is not something that can be answered on a forum post. There are plenty good web resources for that.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

If it's a properly configured router with a rule to route all clients over VPN, so it will be the one on the router.

So if I understand this correctly, the websites that I visit on my laptop will see my VPN#1 (AirVPN's) exit node IP address, while my ISP will see my VPN#2's exit node IP address ?

So my ISP won't know the IP that's visible to the websites?

And AirVPN won't know my actual real IP address assigned by my ISP?

Finally, is there a particular port I should use to mask the usage of VPN from my ISP ?