Not connected, Your IP: 54.221.43.155

So Private Internet Access are INCREASING their prices to €63 a year!

$10 (8.84)/month (from $6.95).

$71.88 (€63.60)/year (from $39.95).

$83.76 (€74.10)/2 year (from $69.95).

Their one year plan works at 63, which was more expensive than Air's 1 year even before they decreased the prices. What the hell are they thinking? They are obviously desperate to 'lock in' users before the increase hits.

Add to the fact PIA spend more than any other provider on marketing it appears (I see ads for them on Youtube like Linus Tech Tips or sites like Torrentfreak) and you wonder how they can justify this cost. Their "3000+" servers are probably rubbish VPS cloud servers and they probably don't actually have 3000 but a system to autoscale up/down based on demand (with a script to setup more servers as required using an API).

Terrible. AirVPN basically has no competition at their new price point. They have the best clients by a long mile (with the most amount of configurable options and IP's). I hope the staff (in private anyway...) are laughing at how absurdly stupid their biggest competitor is right now.

These new prices seem really crazy. I signed up for the Airvpn 3 year plan and am extremely happy with it. Not to mention I am using Netflix and PIA doesn’t support Netflix.

My pia subscription renews in May, and according to 'My Billing' it will be $39.95. I don't see any indication of the price increase, but since they've dropped the forum it's kind of hard to tell. Do you have a link?

My pia subscription renews in May, and according to 'My Billing' it will be $39.95. I don't see any indication of the price increase, but since they've dropped the forum it's kind of hard to tell. Do you have a link?

They sent an email out

Dear Customer,

We miss you! Since you've been gone we have taken great strides to become better, and we think we might have just what you are looking for. We just released brand new desktop apps for Windows, Mac & Linux that were the most significant update we have ever had. They are more efficient, faster, more user-friendly and much more visually appealing. The brand new user-configurable interface allows you to set things up just like you like them.

In order to continue offering exceptional service, we will be raising our prices for the first time ever on all new subscriptions starting on or after 3/18/2019 to:

pricing-email-pricebox-01-9bada038e498bf
pricing-email-pricebox-02-51620edd84ab1f
pricing-email-pricebox-03-2077aa4bbec6db

We are committed to providing a great service at highly competitive rates. We will continue to add new features, release new and improved software, and adapt to meet the needs of our customers. For example, we have had many requests to increase the connection limit, so these new plans will double the connection limit, allowing you to connect up to 10 different devices at the same time.

pricing-email-offer-4bf8332b8230a09e8899

From now until 3/18, if you subscribe to a 3 year plan, you will get the old price and the new device limit - the best of both worlds! You will be locked in at that price for as long as your subscription is active. Don’t miss out on your last chance to get the best deal in the VPN industry.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us by visiting the

Kind Regards, 

Private Internet Access Team 

Subsidiary of London Trust Media Inc.

Thanks for that,  I see they have some info on it in their blog, they say this is for new subscriptions only so as long as one stays active or gets active before March 18 the old rates apply.

Well, the low price of  PIA has definitely been a selling point for a long time. Maybe they want to adapt to the price average other most-popular VPNs on the market have.

PIA used to be great but they have stagnated. Port forwarding is fragile and unpredictable. Trying to use anything but their client is a nightmare. The removal of their support forums was a big middle finger to their advanced users. There was a lot of information on there about advanced usage. I recently switched to AirVPN and they have improved so much since I used them 5 years ago. I'm really digging the configuration generator and the static port forwards.