Not connected, Your IP: 54.198.200.128
Sign in to follow this  
NetShadow

Eddie VPN Configuration With TOR

-Eddie 2.16.3 at the time of this post-

So here is my current configuration, I have been using it for a while now with great success (will, ever since "The Great VPN Ban War" that hit in October 2018):

ISP Modem to UN-managed switch, switch: to Router 1 (General family network with router client VPN (VPN Profile #1), to Router 2 (Play router with router client VPN (VPN Profile #2), to all wired connections that I don't want VPN OR Router 1 Windows networking access (eg Netflix, Amazon Prime).

Wireless for family & freinds: Router 1 has three networks: 1) primary- VPN with networking, guest- vpn without networking 3) guest- non-vpn no-networking

Wired for family: Router 1 most local IP's vpn, some of my IP's VPN, some non-VPN (toggle network adapters), family is wired off A/B switches (work VPN & networking, play (vpn banned applications)

-I have a lot of wired devices, so eight Ethernet jacks doesn't cut it, besides I like the added security of multiple router addresses- hence why I don't just manually configure VPN/No VPN for all wired devices for router 1.  Also, I get my isolated "play" router (#2) with unique VPN profile.

My primary play toy: Router 2 (with VPN profile 2) to Win 7, Win 7 with Eddie (VPN profile #3), emulated Linux, Torrent Client and Tor.

The question:  I don't like having my "subscribed" A/V software updating ect with VPN profile #3's IP address.  Also, there is always a chance of other snoopy Windows background processes I have overlooked (or were silently installed/embedded maliciously).  When I disable Win 7 Eddie and run Eddie in Linux, TOR will not load pages.  I have searched and found that for this scenario you need to set up AirVPN (my VPN profile #3) with socks.  This is where I start getting behind as I have honestly never played a whole lot with socks, or really anything custom proxy in general.

All the AirVPN socks info I find is really blunt, and often leaving out key detail (either because advanced computer users can't always grasp what intermediate computer users are ignorant to, or possibly there is a "security" reason why AirVPN and socks is never quite talked about in great detail).  I can and probably will just end up doing a lot of hard core socks/proxy studying to be able to figure out and then this forum to fill in the blanks, but I stay extremely busy busy and I do not have an abundance of time.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated, or non socks workarounds that I have overlooked.  I miss the old days when I was single and had all the time in the world to just dedicate my life to this stuff

*I know I am probably going to get the people who tell me you can't stack VPN's and that even if I could it would run to slow.  First off, I (and I am sure a lot of you) have realized through trial and error that you "can" stack VPN's.  Yes it slows down, but with a three stack and my bandwidth metrics I am able to still load a page in about 30 seconds or so.  That works for me for what I am trying to do,  I do not stack and expect to to speed surfing.

**Also, yes, I know.  Using Windows as a base is stupid and rather Noob like.  I do plan on eventually going all Linux (base and emulation) but need the day to come where I have the time to rig all of that up.  Besides I am a lot slower with Linux, my Linux heyday was in the late 80's early 90's and I have kinda  only really done a good job keeping up with Windows since then- yeah marriage and kids change things...

***Yes I do play with Tails ect, but I do not like the inability to stack VPN's.  I admire that and similar routes ability to leave to evidence of activity, but personally I want my in/out nodes to look a certain way.  If I use multiple "reputable" VPN's, the chances of them handing over data is slim, let alone all of them would have to buckle- I don't ever do anything bad enough to warrant that kind of effort (AI is kreep'n in though".