Not connected, Your IP: 54.81.33.119

Been having trouble with Audible the last few days. I sometimes can and sometimes can't log in to audible.com while using a VPN (and sometimes only certain pages will load when I can), but I can never download any of the titles in my library - either the page times out after clicking the download button or redirects me to audible.com/howtolisten. (Yes, the option to check for Audible software was disabled.) At first all I had to do was log in using my real IP, but then later I found that I couldn't download even then: it would keep redirecting me again to the "howtolisten" page. So... to make a long story short, I had to download using my real IP via Audible Manager. I'm mentioning the latter problem because I'm not quite sure at this point if the inability to download was caused by using a VPN, or if Amazon/Audible is trying to force everyone now to use their Manager, or if it's a couple of issues occurring simultaneously - or if something in their system just isn't working right at the moment.  BUT.... I also have an Audible UK account, which I can usually log-in to using just a UK IP, but now I could not log in to audible.co.uk after repeated attempts and trying several UK servers - the site would just not load at all. I did finally manage it by also using a UK dns, something I've never had to do before.

By the way, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk: no problems logging into those sites, and so far I haven't found any pages not loading on either, although I haven't yet tried to purchase anything while using a VPN.

I've nothing to add I'm afraid, other than that I can't access audible.co.uk either these past few days.

I came here looking for a possible solution, other than to use an alternative DNS to AirVPN's.

The messages below are displayed by Vivaldi (top) and Google Chrome (bottom) browsers on Mac.

I've tried alternate DNS while using AirVPN Eddie, so it's something to do with DNS side, but I'm not techie enough to know what's going on (or not going on). Many have reported this as a known problem with Google Chrome, but the Chrome fixes I've read either don't work or do not apply.

Safari claims it cannot find site

Opera states site cannot be reached

Firefox -- Audible UK loads fine! 

-------------------------------

This site can’t be reached

www.audible.co.uk’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

-------------------------------

This site can’t be reached

www.audible.co.uk’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I can reach it now using any DNS besides the AirVPN DNS. Under Eddie's Preferences/DNS leave "DNS Switch mode" on Automatic, UNcheck the "Check Air VPN DNS" box (if it's currently ticked), and add 1.1.1.1 to the DNS servers, or whatever, and save. Works for me.

EDIT: Oh, and the problem with downloading titles from my Audible library doesn't appear to be related. I found that enabling the Audible software check actually allows me to download the .aax files via my usual software, as before. In other words, it's now working exactly the opposite of how it was previously. Something's wonky.

We travelled the same journey, because I tried that. The only problem with using our own preferred DNS, say Google's or OpenDNS etc, is that we are "leaking" outside of the VPN, so may as well turn off AirVPN entirely. Something needs to be fixed on AirVPN's DNS server IMO.

We travelled the same journey, because I tried that. The only problem with using our own preferred DNS, say Google's or OpenDNS etc, is that we are "leaking" outside of the VPN, so may as well turn off AirVPN entirely. Something needs to be fixed on AirVPN's DNS server IMO.

Did you test and see any leakage? Because I did and didn't see any.

Kind of simulair problem here, except im using Amazon Alexa (stream music, turn on the tv, etc) Couple of days ago Alexa turned in the a red ring of dead, saying i.m. having trouble right now, please see the help section of... bla, bla, bla. Everything else was working except Alexa. Tried a new server. tried old vpn, tried with and without TLS Encrypt, tried a couple of other ports. Nothing seems to work with AIR DNS. wrote a e-mail to Amazon. No answer. Finally i did set a vpn client with DNS to 1.1.1.1. and for that client only. That works perfect. So how do i know if its leaking? i just hooked up a pc to that client, and did the leak test. Jeeez i never did see so many dns servers from cloudfare at one page. Finally i made up my mind, I unhooked the pc and and left Alexa in that state. So in short yes i (leak) on a bunch of cloudfare DNS servers, but with a ip adres from AIR, Its not ideal but works for me atm. Amazon is blocking the AIR DNS, at least at my side. And when i read yours it must be a kind of similar issue, read AIR DNS Amazon/audible. I cant say anything about other services from Amazone.

If I don't use AirVPN's DNS, Amazon and all Amazon-affiliated sites work fine. But if I use AirVPN's DNS, all Amazon sites are blocked. Just started happening maybe this past week.

Kind of simulair problem here, except im using Amazon Alexa (stream music, turn on the tv, etc) Couple of days ago Alexa turned in the a red ring of dead, saying i.m. having trouble right now, please see the help section of... bla, bla, bla. Everything else was working except Alexa. Tried a new server. tried old vpn, tried with and without TLS Encrypt, tried a couple of other ports. Nothing seems to work with AIR DNS. wrote a e-mail to Amazon. No answer. Finally i did set a vpn client with DNS to 1.1.1.1. and for that client only. That works perfect. So how do i know if its leaking? i just hooked up a pc to that client, and did the leak test. Jeeez i never did see so many dns servers from cloudfare at one page. Finally i made up my mind, I unhooked the pc and and left Alexa in that state. So in short yes i (leak) on a bunch of cloudfare DNS servers, but with a ip adres from AIR, Its not ideal but works for me atm. Amazon is blocking the AIR DNS, at least at my side. And when i read yours it must be a kind of similar issue, read AIR DNS Amazon/audible. I cant say anything about other services from Amazone.

As long your ISP dns isn't showing, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I can reach it now using any DNS besides the AirVPN DNS. Under Eddie's Preferences/DNS leave "DNS Switch mode" on Automatic, UNcheck the "Check Air VPN DNS" box (if it's currently ticked), and add 1.1.1.1 to the DNS servers, or whatever, and save. Works for me.

can anybody comment on whether using this technique exposes the real IP or other security threads ?

can anybody comment on whether using this technique exposes the real IP or other security threads ?

I'm interested to know how safe this is too?

Does this method work to get amazon music unlimited working?

What DNS alternatives are secure?

I'm interested to know how safe this is too?

Does this method work to get amazon music unlimited working?

What DNS alternatives are secure?

+1

no expert in any of this, but if the 1.1.1.1 DNS workaround exposes the real IP, then it would be pointless paying for a VPN service...

when I check on ipleak (using 1.1.1.1), it shows now a bunch of extra IP addresses, but none matches my real IP... 

but again, would love to get some clarification and education here from the experts on how to properly confirm/test this workaround...

Thanks !