Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.228.237

Ok so Ive been having problems with remote access in plex, read countless posts and followed the suggestions but to no avail can anyone help?

I have portforwarded within the airvpn client area using 32400 as the local port, tcp check came back green, no port forward on the router. Remote access will still not work.

Public IP address showing in plex settings is that of my current airvpn connection, port number is that designated in the client area. I feel like this should be working and i cant think why it isn't.

Anyone got any suggestions, i feel like i'm losing my mind.

thanks in advance,

james

Ok so Ive been having problems with remote access in plex, read countless posts and followed the suggestions but to no avail can anyone help?

I have portforwarded within the airvpn client area using 32400 as the local port, tcp check came back green, no port forward on the router. Remote access will still not work.

Public IP address showing in plex settings is that of my current airvpn connection, port number is that designated in the client area. I feel like this should be working and i cant think why it isn't.

Anyone got any suggestions, i feel like i'm losing my mind.

thanks in advance,

james

Try connecting from a mobile device on cellular.  Sometimes plex will say port forwarding isn't working but it is.  If you get the green light from the airvpn port forward testing then it's pretty much a 100% chance that it *is* working.

Just use the web browser, login to plex.tv and launch the web app.

I was having the same problem and it worked fine. It feels a little on edge to know that you can't tell by visibly seeing for yourself that it's connected through the vpn especially when you are streaming to other people and you think it might not work all the time. 

UPDATE: I did find out that it wouldn't let my friends LG Smart TV connect but when using my phones mobile data for Plex, it worked.