Not connected, Your IP: 34.206.3.58

Hello guys!

First of all I really love this VPN service! It's easy and simple and works like a charm.

My Problem is less a VPN problem than a configuration problem. Or even less: I think I just need a simple tweak to solve it elegantly.

Right now I am posting from this machine, I got AirVPN up and running and there is no DNS leak. But that's only the case because I'm changing the resolv.conf file manually after booting and changing it back before I shut down my PC.

At start resolv.conf has to contain the following line to get my network up and running:

nameserver 192.168.178.1

After I logged in I change it to

nameserver 10.4.0.1
nameserver 10.5.0.1

Ok, Unix/Linux pros: Perhaps I could solve this with a cheap hack (I thought of a .sh script which overwrites the file after initialisation), but I guess there is a more sophisticated solution. 

I even saw there is a script style in which one can program the resolv.conf file, maybe there is a solid reference for unix users.

Ah, and after that I wanted to configure my pf-settings. Is there a minimal set for a secure "network lock" for unix users?

Cheers (and thank you in advance)

s.

FWIW, I had the same problem, and, by the looks of things, it can be solved with pf(4). Just add a single rule to pf.conf:

pass in on tun0 proto {tcp udp} from any to any port domain rdr-to 10.4.0.1 domain

And there should be no more DNS leaks.