Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.217.172
mark50

[Request] Socks5 Proxy Support - Android

I know this has been asked before and was resolved by other means like configuring the VPN to work with specific applications.

But I would like to see socks5 proxies supported because, android only allows one vpn at a time and most ad blockers work by creating a vpn.

Thus meaning you cannot use air vpn alongside an android ad blocker like AdGuard or DNS66 etc but, you can use a proxy.

ADS REMOVED - STAFF

Thanks

I'm also interest in the SOCK5 proxy option, I use Netguard and have the same problem stated above.

"I'm also interest in the SOCK5 proxy option, I use Netguard and have the same problem stated above."

Idem ! +1

What can we do ?

No help ?

Done simply by searching for "socks5". The latter is most interesting, answers from Staff and a knowledgable mod.

Status quo is, it seems like it's not going to happen.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:36 PM, mark50 said:

Thus meaning you cannot use air vpn alongside an android ad blocker like AdGuard or DNS66 etc but, you can use a proxy.

A proxy does little for your own protection. It's better to look for other methods of ad blocking. Locally on the device I must admit I'm not aware of any apps which support a proxy mode instead (but would be a much less brutal method than VPN), and the other methods almost universally require some form of root access, either /sbin/su or Magisk.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:14 AM, pentraitor said:

Or maybe include ad blocking as a feature in Eddie?

That would contradict the Net Neutrality principle, wouldn't it? :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.