Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.241.5
sse450

Need help with remote port forwarding

I have a tomato router with OpenVPN linked airvpn. I successfully forwarded 12 remote ports to my server (192.168.1.100) on lan which is running basically CentOS VM on proxmox. So far, so good. Now on to the problem.

Today, I pulled and installed my very first docker image on CentOS server. It is accessible from lan using 192.168.1.100:8888. It is also accessible from the internet provided that OpenVPN to airvpn is stopped and port 8888 is forwarded to the server on my router.

However, for the life of me, I cannot access the server from the internet using "remote port forwarding" of airvpn provided that OpenVPN is running and without any port forward on my router.

I am very new to docker. As all my non-docker apps are accessible through remote port forwarding of airvpn, I suspect there is some misconfiguration with docker.

I would appreciate any indicator.

Since you're running openvpn on your router you must forward port from TUN to LAN.  Port forwarding GUI in router creates rules that go from WAN to LAN.  You'll have to create rules with iptables.

Perfect! I totally forgot creating the iptables rules like I did for the other "remote port forwards".

Thank you for the hint.