Not connected, Your IP: 3.227.239.160

​Because of another topic on this forum,wireguard came to my attention.As far as I can tell,it looks very promising .

Vpn  provider Mullvad is already experimenting with the software and anyone can try it out for free till sept. this year.

https://mullvad.net/blog/tag/wireguard/

https://www.mullvad.net/guides/wireguard-and-mullvad-vpn/

​Watch the demo:https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/wireguard/

​                                https://www.wireguard.com/

​I realize its lot of info/to read;just wanted to bring to your attention.

​perhaps an idea for Airvpn?

​Gr,Casper

So wireguard software is only available in Linux?

As i understand it,the major parts already in the kernel.But they are working at something multi platform.

​I keep an eye on wireguard .

I have tested and paid mullvad and it is extremely slow, I have requested money back and I had many difficulties, I have not had a good experience, although I like the way to offer the service.

WireGuard looks good, especially since it is open source and uses modern encryption technology.

I would like AirVPN to have the same user account creation system that Mullvad has, in order to collect as little information as possible.

In my case it's the opposite: it's very fast, even with sock5 proxies. Also with qBittorrent well configured. I love it. If you want to boot automatically add the line wg-quick up mullvad , to /etc/rc.local , before the line exit0.

I think AirVPN should offer wireguard too, and socks5. Now I prefer more Mullvad than AirVPN.

I have tested and paid mullvad and it is extremely slow, I have requested money back and I had many difficulties, I have not had a good experience, although I like the way to offer the service.

WireGuard looks good, especially since it is open source and uses modern encryption technology.

I would like AirVPN to have the same user account creation system that Mullvad has, in order to collect as little information as possible.

I have 2 Vpns (Airvpn and Mullvad) cohabiting on my Linux Mint PC  since months

​I'm actually running Wireguard with Mullvad,  it works fluently,  speed is very good and there is no leak at all .

​Only problem,  in case of disconnection (never encountered at this day) I don't think that network is locked...

​Only problem,  in case of disconnection (never encountered at this day) I don't think that network is locked...

At least use socks5 proxy in your browser with proxy dns too and qbittorrent and it will be locked in these programs. You can even exit with another country with socks5 proxy and of course use the anonymous mode in qbittorrent.

jean claud:

Now you can use these iptables rules in the wireguard configuration file as a kill switch. I use wireguard conf file in the old way (not the new .sh script from Mullvad).

So, if you use resolv.conf (it has a bug in Debian/Ubuntu but with these rules it will not affect you) you can use:

PostUp = iptables -I OUTPUT ! -o %i -m mark ! --mark $(wg show %i fwmark) -j REJECT && echo "nameserver 10.99.0.1" > /etc/resolv.conf 
PreDown = iptables -D OUTPUT ! -o %i -m mark ! --mark $(wg show %i fwmark) -j REJECT 

Notice that it's PreDown and not PostDown.
This way only your connections going to Mullvad are allowed.

You can also add this line if you want a different DNS server when you disconnect from Mullvad/wireguard:

PostDown = echo "nameserver 193.138.219.228" > /etc/resolv.conf

(use the nameserver you want but this is the public Mullvad DNS server with no logs)

And you can edit /etc/rc.local and add the line:

wg-quick up mullvad

if you want to connect auatomatically when you boot. So, you would boot your GNU/Linux and you are connected with wireguard and avoiding leaks

I already use a batch to start and and stop Wireguard

but thank you for the iptables , I will use them.

Thank you again P1rv , much appreciated

A quick speed test.

Mullvad client automatically connected me to a NL server.

Here is the result:

Then I connected to AirVPN Miram (NL):

No difference in speed. Both almost get me 100% of my 200/12 cable line.

I wanted to try compare some other servers, but Mullvad client couldn't retrieve a Czech or Swedish ip.

Home is, where the heart. Regarding security, privacy and speed I don't have any doubts about AirVPN.

greets

Using Wireguard with Linux is a pure pleasure. Speed is close to my max isp speed , never a disco since 2 months, safe to use with mullvad proxy in browser or torrent client .

I really like it .

As I like Airvpn too

Thanks to people who posted here about wireguard. I have been looking at that and am intrigued. And now inspired to have a closer look.

Thanks heaps!

T