Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.120.109

Merlin recently updated AsusWRT to change the way it handles OpenVPN.  It seems that the config generated does not jive perfectly with the router.  I am fine using Eddie for most of my needs, but now that baseball is back, and I need to use the VPN on my router for my chromecast.  Originally, like the official instructions state, AsusWRT just took a config file and the login info, and everything worked fine.  Now there is a large amount of specifications to change, and it I don't know the right ones to change to make it work well.  I can get some websites like dnsleaktest.com and airvpn.org to connect, but pretty much every other site that I try has an issue connecting.  

I've attached a screenshot of all the options.  I've tried using TUN and TAP, and playing around with the auths, but that generally just makes it totally unusable.  Any help would be appreciated.

Merlin recently updated AsusWRT to change the way it handles OpenVPN.  It seems that the config generated does not jive perfectly with the router.  I am fine using Eddie for most of my needs, but now that baseball is back, and I need to use the VPN on my router for my chromecast.  Originally, like the official instructions state, AsusWRT just took a config file and the login info, and everything worked fine.  Now there is a large amount of specifications to change, and it I don't know the right ones to change to make it work well.  I can get some websites like dnsleaktest.com and airvpn.org to connect, but pretty much every other site that I try has an issue connecting.  

I've attached a screenshot of all the options.  I've tried using TUN and TAP, and playing around with the auths, but that generally just makes it totally unusable.  Any help would be appreciated.

openvpn 2.4.  https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-asuswrt-merlin-380-65-is-now-available.37295/

do you have a MIPS router?

I'm using Merlin 380.65 and everything is working great.  You simply upload the ovpn files you like and settings are setup auto-magically.  

I made a new config, and it does seem to be working now.  Not sure what the hangup was.  However, now I see that there is a DNS leak on the third or fourth query of the DNS.  That does not happen when using Eddie.