Not connected, Your IP: 35.173.215.152
raoulduke

ANSWERED Windows 10 creator update Airvpn DNS slow ?

I am on the Windows 10 Creators Update on my gaming desktop and this suggestion on Reddit fixed the issue for me. I am on wired on the desktop so I am not sure if Windows prioritizes this differently with wireless NICs. It is also similar to what Kadett posted earlier.

To resolve this, go to the Cortana search bar, search for Network and Sharing Center, and open it up. From there, go to Change Adapter Settings. You’ll see connection listed for all network adapters on your system, including the OpenVPN TAP adapter that our service uses. In it’s description, it should read “TAP-Windows Adapter V9”. Right-click on that connection, and go to Properties. From there, select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4), and go to Properties. Click the Advanced button, uncheck the option at the bottom “Automatic Metric”, and set the metric as 1. Apply all the changes, and you should now see DNS resolution operating normally after connecting to the service with DNS Leak Protection enabled.

This appears to work for me too!  Thanks. Saves a reboot!

I am on the Windows 10 Creators Update on my gaming desktop and this suggestion on Reddit fixed the issue for me. I am on wired on the desktop so I am not sure if Windows prioritizes this differently with wireless NICs. It is also similar to what Kadett posted earlier.

To resolve this, go to the Cortana search bar, search for Network and Sharing Center, and open it up. From there, go to Change Adapter Settings. You’ll see connection listed for all network adapters on your system, including the OpenVPN TAP adapter that our service uses. In it’s description, it should read “TAP-Windows Adapter V9”. Right-click on that connection, and go to Properties. From there, select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4), and go to Properties. Click the Advanced button, uncheck the option at the bottom “Automatic Metric”, and set the metric as 1. Apply all the changes, and you should now see DNS resolution operating normally after connecting to the service with DNS Leak Protection enabled.

This appears to work for me too!  Thanks. Saves a reboot!

Works for me too