Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.108.203
neilrlsmith

Openvpn and my door entry system!

Hi – bit of a noob so I hope I have described the issue eloquently below

I have Openvpn enabled on my router and all works fine.  However, my IP door entry system is also connected and that has a remote access function which obviously doesn’t work when the VPN is enabled.  I have set up a DDNS account and enabled that on the entry system and on my router but I only get access to the entry system when connected to wi-fi which is pointless as it has remote access functionality.  So Asus believe that the VPN is blocking the DDNS access.  Is there a way round this or a way to edit the ovpn file please?

At the moment I either have remote access to my entry phone system and no VPN or vice versa.  Neither is an option as I need both!

Can this forum help please?

Hi – bit of a noob so I hope I have described the issue eloquently below

I have Openvpn enabled on my router and all works fine.  However, my IP door entry system is also connected and that has a remote access function which obviously doesn’t work when the VPN is enabled.  I have set up a DDNS account and enabled that on the entry system and on my router but I only get access to the entry system when connected to wi-fi which is pointless as it has remote access functionality.  So Asus believe that the VPN is blocking the DDNS access.  Is there a way round this or a way to edit the ovpn file please?

At the moment I either have remote access to my entry phone system and no VPN or vice versa.  Neither is an option as I need both!

Can this forum help please?

install merlin asus firmware and use the policy routing in openvpn client.  route the IP door entry to the WAN not VPN.  it's really easy.

Anyone?  Asus being great but have run out of ideas.  Tried activating DMZ and adding entry system's IP address but  VPN STILL wont let it through!