Not connected, Your IP: 3.12.73.252
krytellan

Need Help Changing Client Server

Sorry guys. I'm new to AirVPN today for a 3 day trial after getting my new ASUS RT-N66U. I have been at this all day with some minor successes but I have one issue that is undoubtedly the level of Infant, but I cannot find it. I'm trying to change the server that my ROUTER is connected to. I thought I was doing that on my Eddie client but that just added another one for my computer, doing nothing to my network connection. How do I change my whole network connection to another VPN server? I'm experiencing downloads of about 2 Mbps right now.

That's a 6 year old router and now two generations of wifi standard behind.  AD routers are being sold now as AC is already old tech.

1) depending on the openvpn client interface you may just need to change the server IP address, click save.  or does stock firmware not give you that option?  if not, you may just have to download a config file for each server/port/protocol combination and then upload that to the router.

2) don't expect much speed at all from that router.  the CPU is single core and too weak to crunch openvpn fast enough.  I'm guessing 10mbit/s max.

I appreciate it. Changing the config file was actually the path I had to go. I realize now that the router is a bit capped at the knees, and your estimate of about 10mbit/sec was eerily accurate! I think I will look into upgrading the router before proceeding much further. My max capacity outside of a tunnel is only 30mbit/s, so I don't have far to go I suppose. Getting an opportunity to see the actual effect in real time was very helpful to me moving forward.